Blogarchiv
Astronomie - Sonnenflecken 1990 (ehemals 1967) + 1991 durch Nebelfilter

.

2.03.2014

GROWING CHANCE OF FLARES: The face of the sun is peppered with spots. One of them in particular merits attention. AR1991 is rapidly growing, almost doubling its number of dark cores since yesterday. 

.

Foto: SDO /NASA

.

AR1991 has a 'beta-gamma' magnetic field that harbors energy for M-class solar flares. The rapid evolution of the sunspot could destabilize the field, making an eruption more likely. NOAA forecasters estimate a 70% chance of M-class flares and a 30% chance of X-flares on March 2nd.

Quelle: Spaceweather

.

Spechtel-Alarm am Vormittag, da Nebelwolken abzogen und den Blick auf die Sonnenflecken ermöglichten. Nachfolgende Aufnahmen konnte ich dann anfertigen welche bedingt durch die abziehenden Nebelwolken mal mehr, mal weniger die Sonnenflecken freigaben:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Fotos: ©-hjkc

.

Update: 5.03.2014

.

OLD SUNSPOT: The lifespan of a typical sunspot is two to three weeks. This one is about to turn three months:

.

Carried around by the sun's 27-day rotation, AR1990 is making its third transit of the visible solar disk. In previous apparitions it was known as AR1944 and AR1967. Each time it has appeared, the sunspot has unleashed at least one strong flare, the most recent being the X4.9-class blockbuster of Feb. 25th. Since then, AR1990 has quieted and started showing signs of decay. Is this sunspot finally succumbing to time? Stay tuned.
Karzaman Ahmad of the Langkawi National Observatory in Malaysia took the above picture on March 3rd. He used an 11-inch telescope. The dimensions of the sunspot make it an easy target for such relatively small optics. Its dark core is about the size of Earth, and it is surrounded by boiling granules as large as the state of Texas. If you have a solar telescope, take a look.
Quelle: Spaceweather


3035 Views